We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations.
1. Necessary cookies – these help make a website usable by enabling basic functions, such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
2. Statistic cookies – these collect and report information anonymously, so we can understand how visitors interact with our website.
3. Marketing cookies – these track visitors as they journey through our website. It can mean later ads displayed to you can then be more relevant to each individual user.
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop your device from accepting cookies (see help section in your browser) although keep in mind that turning them off will limit your access and some functionality on our website. Otherwise, using our site means you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device. Discover more about cookies here: https://cookies.insites.com/about-cookies/
Information We Collect From You
When you shop, contact or visit us any information that you provide will be collected and processed by us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via this site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with this site.
Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes, marketing and to improve our customer service.
Information that you provide to us as a result of:
* filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for information or make a purchase
* sending us a message through our website
* communicating with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence.
Details of your activity on our interactive chat facility (Zendesk) including where provided names, email addresses and any correspondence, for the purposes of answering questions marketing.
We may also use data accrued from various sites including, but not limited to; Google Analytics, Google Adwords, YouTube, Facebook Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Each of these 3rd party sites have their own privacy policies. Data may also be collected via marketing/analysis software used by marketing companies we employ.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be stored in a way to ensure its safety.
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist us in developing or website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. You can easily decline or remove cookies from your computer using the settings within the Internet Options section in your computer control panel.
Uses Made of the Information
We use the information you provide to deliver your purchases and to ensure we give you the best offers and services available.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
* To carry out our ability to manage and administer your courses and interactions with our services.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our courses, when you choose to do so.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not sell your data to any third party organisation. We share limited amounts of your data with third parties to deliver our products and services to you (for example, email and or delivery addresses for PDF/printed certificates with our course accrediting body, or passing your details of courses purchased to third parties who may administer those courses).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any relevant third parties or if we are legally obliged to do so in accordance with our terms and conditions.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If Global English TESOL courses or any of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
* If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global English TESOL course staff, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In the event a potential employer/training or education body wishes us to confirm aspects of your training, including but not limited to: course dates and marks achieved.
We will let you know before collecting your data if we intend to use it for any marketing purposes, but you can always opt out of your information being used in this way by selecting the relevant box on any website forms, or by contacting us.
We are not responsible or liable for any third party websites that we link to from our website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing from our mailing list at any time or by opting not to check specific boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Global English TESOL courses, Senate Court, 1 Southernhay Gardens, Exeter, EX4 1LN, UK.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
We comply with all of your rights under GDPR legislation, including “Subject Access Right”.
You have the right to ensure that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“Subject Access Right”).
Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. Any subject access request must be made in writing to The Data Controller, Global English TESOL courses, Senate Court, 1 Southernhay Gardens, Exeter, EX4 1LN, UK.
We will provide your personal data to you within the statutory timeframes. To enable us to trace any of your personal data that we may be holding, we may need to request further information from you. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Updated: 25th May 2018